Tuesday 14 May 2013

Week 2 (Late) Review

VCE Vblock System
OK, so I was lazy enough last Friday not to update you all in what's been happening with me in the last few days.

It was a very fast going week, with a lot of new stuff going on (nothing new here) and a very pleasant experience at work with the official Orientation happening for two days - Wednesday and Thursday.

So, basically, it was like this:

Wednesday

  1. I got to go to work at 9 am, instead of 8.30 am as usual, to a very tastefully decorated meeting room where I was able to meet some of the other colleagues, some of them coming from locations as far as Dubai.
  2. We were all presented with a breakfast worth of a king and then we had several presentations about all the departments and the expansion of the company. Very nice. Especially because then they took us for lunch in the canteen, very well provided by a company called BiteSize.
  3. Still not enough, we came back for another hour and then they shipped us home (for some, hotel) by taxi to get ready for dinner here. Once again, simply excellent. Then a few drinks and shipped home to rest for the day. 
Thursday

  1. Starting at 9 am once again and once again delicious breakfast
  2. Case study and presentation about company products
  3. Again, astonishing lunch by the above. Really good stuff in mini sizes. I'm in love with it.
  4. Then, leave at to 2 pm. Rest is good.
Unofficially then the day was over, but the group decided to get together and take "the foreigners" (here, laugh. Everybody knows I'm a foreigner myself, but who cares?) out for a couple of drinks.
We went here (as usual) and it was pretty nice.

Anyway, it wasn't that nice on Friday when I was dying of exhaustion. But my really nice manager let me go home at 2.30 pm. Thank you D!!

Anyway, to answer a question that was made to me by one of my besties (BTW J, did I mention how much I hate because you live in the sunshine? GRRR), my role is Technical Support Representative (TSR) for a product called Vblock. Now, J, just go online here and check it out, babe. It is complicated to explain in 3 lines or so. But I'll leave something here for the laugh, made by colleagues:

Hope you enjoy it people :)

I'm living my simplicity. Happy days.


No comments:

Post a Comment