Friday 3 May 2013

Friday details - End of week 1

This was a week full of nice moments and as well full of knowledge.
As everybody can imagine already, I finally started that new job I've been talking about so much, and I have to say in honesty: I am absolutely delighted!
Little things really, really make a difference. On my first day (last Monday), I got to the office in my best behavior to cause a good impression on my new peers. I was shown my desk (Desk: large, nice. Two desktops, a laptop, a Cisco phone, a wireless (!) headset, - very nice to go get a coffee while still listening to the training modules - loads of office supplies, - it's the end of having to chase people around to get a new pen or post its - all the certification manuals that I'm going to need, a laptop transportation bag and a very comfortable and ergonomic office chair.
The environment here is amazing, everybody always coming to check if I need some kind of help or just another coffee.
Talking about coffee... I have loads of free goodies here every morning. I actually think this is going to be the chance for me to actually have schedules for breakfast because I've never been very regular in that matter. So, all I want - from machiattos to latte, to espresso coffee, to tea (plain or flavors  - including different types of bread, scones, butter, Philadelphia (2 types), fruit, cereals, soup, all of it - FOR FREE. How not to like this place?
Schedules... were always or almost always an issue for me..so far. Here? 8.30 am to 5 pm and Fridays? Leaving at 4 pm. Free weekends. What else to ask for? I have no break or lunch schedules. I can take them when I want and they're are very flexible if I need 5 or ten minutes more every now and then. As long as we don't push it, we're fine. If you look like you're about to fall asleep, take a break (my manager said this to me!).
And then of course... free bus transportation to work and then again home at the end of the day. Again... delighted.
First day, people really worried about me having everything I need. A new Blackberry has been requested, I have a direct line, the laptop (a plus if I happen to be sick - I can request to work from home in special situations). Holiday approved for Elsa's wedding next June...
Life is awesome.
I am actually sitting down in the office while I write this - no internet restrictions here. As long as my tasks are done, I can do whatever I want.
I also have a mentor called Nicola. I really liked her, she's very nice. She's off on holiday now in Tenerife, but she left me a full training plan that I have to follow. I'm doing my best to have it done when she's back on the 13th.
Well... better go to work again... the server is back up (I was writing in server maintenance break).

Today, is as simple as it can be. Happy days.

3 comments:

  1. i am sooooo jelous!!! Dying to find something like that. Regreting coming to cork for this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you gonna tell me now what ur tasks are missus, you cannot make us jealous with all this and then not telling what you are exactly doing lol.. i mean where do you need 2 desktops and a laptop for??? a blackberry and an softphone?? que pasa????? although i am jealous, i love you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Candela, do not regret anything my dear, life is made of try outs. It may take time, but it will come to you in time. I'm the living proof of that. Ask Jany, from Family life. :)

    @ Jany, go and read the next post girl! lol

    ReplyDelete